Internal Repair Job Cards (IR JC) are the equivalent of a Repair Order to an external vendor. Closing an Internal Repair Job card is the equivalent of receiving a Repair Order line item.
The IR JC closure windows is shown in Figure 39-1
- A specific part (the JC “affected part”) must be selected for an IR JC. DO NOT issue the affected part to the JC. Only parts used in the repair of the affected part get issued to the JC.
- In order to close an IR JC it must be opened and in order to open the IR JC the affected part has to be in a location from which the part can be moved to Internal Repair.
- The most common scenario preventing the user from opening an IR JC is the affected part is still on wing in RAAS – Tech Records has not yet posted the removal. Depending on how current Tech Records is this could cause a delay.
In the Stores module there is a “Pending IR Job Card List” that can be used to keep on top of pending closures/receipts. See figure 39-2
- Only close an IR JC after confirming that all parts have been issued/reversed as necessary and all labour has been correctly applied. Once closed an IR JC cannot be reopened and if corrections are required to the affected part’s value they will have to be made manually.
- Choose the correct Inventory in which to receive the affected part.
- Select the correct Status.
- Enter Inventory Position as required.
- Valuation. RAAS adds the total of parts issued and labour applied to the IR JC and by default makes that total the Repair Cost. This will be the affected part’s new Inventory and Issue value. The Repair Cost can be overwritten as necessary. If the affected part has a residual/non-expensed value, the “Add repair cost to current value” option can be used.
Figure 39-2 - Stores > Pending IR Job Card List
A “Carry Forward” can be applied to the Trace after receiving/closing the IR JC. This would be necessary for a multi-step repair where one or more steps meant sending the affected part to an external vendor. In this scenario, the affected part would be selected for the IR JC but the IR JC would be left with a “New” status until the external repairs were fully processed.
At that time, the IR JC would be opened and closed and the external repair cost would be added to the Trace as a “Carry Forward”.
- If the part is a company part, print the label and physically put the part into inventory. If the part is not a company part, a Form One or other certification report can be printed.